I hate to be the one to say it… but summer is on it’s way out. But instead of getting the holiday blues, get ahead of the Autumn/ Winter trends for 2015. We have been following top designer’s latest fashion shows to bring you some insight into this season’s wardrobe must-haves. I guess we are just going to have to go shopping…
- Fluff and fur: Seen in many catwalk shows, including Roksanda and Preen, it is obvious that fluffy jackets and drapes are going to feature highly this season. From sheep gilets in bold colours to huge snow jackets, the furrier the better.
- Ladies of the 80’s: Big shoulders are making a comeback, along side ruffles and big retro belts. I’m not talking about a little here and a little there, as Balmain shows, it’s all or nothing.
- Cuffs cuffs cuffs: It seems a standard jumper cuff is just not enough this season. Expect to see furry cuffs, lace cuffs, and beautiful bell cuffs, as Celine shows us how to do it as the weather gets colder.
- Bohemian is back: With traditional folk prints and rich earthy pallets, you will be catching people’s eyes with tassels, fringes and multi textural finishes. Oh yeah, and you might want to dig your poncho out.
- Red and Black: Both colours featured highly on the catwalks this season. Keep your red’s bright and bold; as for black, expect to see a lot of gothic styles and heavy makeup.
- More is more accessories: There is a rule about taking off one piece of jewellery before you leave the house to make sure you don’t look too weighed down; disregard this now. This season, more is definitely more, so pile on the chandelier earrings, statement necklaces and big intricate nose rings to look on trend.
- How high?: High necklines are the go to style for jumpers and t-shirts this season, and I’m not talking collar bones high. Your neckline should be brushing your chin if you want to keep up with DKNY.
- Checks? Check: Checks are back baby. I’m not talking cowboy shirts; checked dresses, coats and even tights are popular this season. So make sure you’ve got yours.